Welcome back beauties! Today I want to share my latest skin care routine and some of my must have products! A good skin care routine is SO important, especially as you get older. The skin is the biggest organ in the human body and we need to take care of it!
So there are a lot of different skin types out there and I seem to fall into the combination category. My skin isn’t overly dry or overly oily, which I consider to be lucky. I do get occasional breakouts (more so when I was younger) so I do gear my skincare toward a more preventative routine. I like to use products that contain some salicylic acid and some benzoyl peroxide at some point throughout my routine, just to help out my skin as much as possible.
There are so many amazing products out there, and I have honestly tried so many brands, some which I love, and others that I can live without. Currently, all of the products I am sharing with you today are what I am using now, and I can honestly say I am a fan of them all. As I get into more detail, I’ll tell you some products I really can’t live without and others I think you can find great alternatives for.
Beauty Secret: HYDRATION, HYDRATION, HYDRATION!!!! You can use all of the products in the world, but if you’re body isn’t hydrated, your skin isn’t going to glow and radiate to its full capacity! I try to drink 4 water bottles a day (approximately 8 cups); sometimes more, sometimes less…depends on the day, its so hard to be consistent. However, I can honestly say that when I’m staying hydrated and drinking lots of water, my skin is much clearer and brighter.
So now that I’m 26 (womp, womp, womp), I’ve started using anti-aging products on my face. I know it may seem young to start using these types of products, but I’ve done a lot of research and gotten my fair share of professional opinions; and around age 25 you really should start incorporating some anti-aging products into your skin care routine, in order to prevent any of those unwanted aging lines and wrinkles as much as possible.
- Alright lets get down to business and start at the beginning. I do use a lot of products now a days and there is an order to my madness. First and foremost you want to wash and cleanse your face. Currently, I’m loving the Murad Anti-Aging, Time Release Acne Cleanser. It contains that small amount of salicylic acid (0.5%), which I’m convinced helps keep those pimples away. It’s nice and smooth and creamy, and I love how it leaves my skin feeling refreshed! I use the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash two times a week to get rid of any dead skin. I wouldn’t recommend using it more than three times a week because it may dry out your skin a bit.
- Up next is a toner! Toners are really good for skin types prone to acne or oily skin. I switch it up between the KIEL’S Ultra Facial Toner and CLARINS Lotion Tonique. I like them because they are alcohol free so they don’t dry out your skin if you are using them everday. I use one of these products usually in the morning, just to get rid of any extra dirt clogged in my pores before applying any makeup for the day. I don’t use these products at night because I’m currently trying out the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads to prevent breakouts. So far, I love them!
- After cleanser and toner, I use a new HOLY GRAIL product I don’t think I can live without. I absolutely LOVE the Kate Sommerville Acne Clearing Lotion. It’s so light weight and makes my skin feel super soft, with such a clean fresh finish (not oily). Again, this is a product that I use to prevent those unwanted breakouts. If you don’t suffer from acne, you can skip this step.
- Next, I like to put on my eye cream. I’ve been using CLARINS Restorative Total Eye Concentrate. Again, this is an anti-aging product. I’ve been using this for a couple of months now. I really do love this formula and I love that I can see a difference in my under eye area. They seem less puffy when I wake up in the morning, which is so important for me because somehow my left eye always looks like I got into a fight when I wake up!
- Now comes serum. I go back and forth with different serums and I have to be honest I’m not always consistent, but I’ve been really good lately and I’m proud of myself! Right now, I am using the CLARINS Double Serum. You only need a small amount because a little goes a long way. I think this is what has been making my skin glow a little extra lately because of its oil base. It’s an anti-aging formula and contains a bunch of minerals!
- After my serum, it’s time for moisturizer. This is in my opinion, one of the most important steps of skin care. Morning and night I use CLARINS moisturizers. They are anti-aging formulas and use the Multi-Active Jour day cream for the day, and the Multi-Active Nuit night cream before bed. Once or twice a week I will use either my Origins Drink Up-Intensive overnight mask, or my CLINIQUE Moisture Surge overnight mask before bed, instead of my regular night cream. I LOVE both of these, and the purpose is just to give your face a little extra hydration. The Origins mask I’ve been using for years and it will last you such a long time because your not using it everyday. Another added bonus is that it smells amazing!
Well if you made it this far down I need to share one last and final product. I recently purchased the Giorgio Armani Maestro UV SPF 50. You guys, sunscreen is SO IMPORTANT!! It’s just as important to use in the winter as it is in the summer. You can easily use a moisturizer with SPF, which is always an option, but I personally really like this product because it’s very light weight and a little bit stronger than the usual 15 or 30 SPFs that you find in most moisturizers. Since this is a little bit pricey, the good news is that it also is a primer for your makeup; so I was able to justify it as a two in one deal. I put this product on during the day, after I apply my moisturizer, and before I apply any makeup.
Beauty Secret: Mask regularly (once or twice a week), which will help your products work to their ultimate capacity! I’ll go over some of my FAVS in a future post!
Until next time beauties…